Did you know…
- When asked, only about 1 in 14 teens say they used marijuana in the past month.1 So, if you were thinking everyone uses marijuana, they don’t.
- Some think marijuana is okay to use because it’s “natural.” But not all natural plants are good for you — take tobacco, for example.
- Some teens believe marijuana can’t be that harmful if states are legalizing it. Legal or not, one real risk is addiction.
- In 2016, around 4 million people ages 12 and older had a marijuana use disorder. The most severe form also is known as an addiction.
- Research also shows that marijuana can harm the developing teen brain.
Source: NIDA: Marijuana Facts for Teens